Friday, May 2, 2008

Collins' 2nd Birthday

Yesterday was Collins' 2nd birthday. We are having a party this weekend for him, but we did have cake, cards, balloons and a few gifts. We started the day heading out to Publix to get a cake, and then we ran to Kmart for a new hose. Exciting I know! We like to live on the edge! I like to make all of our newly planted trees and shrubs get to the point where they give up all hope for a drink of water, and then I buy a hose! After that fun it was like 10am, so we shot home for some Diego and Laundry, and of course being asked 102 times by Grace "Can we have cake now?". Then we had a surprise visit from Aunt Missy and Claire who stopped by with a musical Thomas the Train balloon. This of course was a huge hit with the kids. Then Grandma stopped by with sprinkle donuts and few gifts. Collins and Grace were both bouncing off the walls at this point so I was pretty sure that Collins wouldn't nap. Luckily, I was wrong. He fell asleep quick and slept for his usual 2 hours. I cut the front and back yard and put new pine straw in the planters. I still only teased the plants with the sight of the new hose, because I ran out of time. After Collins got up we had dinner and then went out back to play and wait for Daddy to get home. I watered all of the plants, and they all seemed very happy. After Greg got home it was cake time finally!!! We did some singing, candle blowing, and cake eating. Then it was bath time and new PJ's from Grandma. Thank you Grandma! And last but in my opinion certainly not least, BED TIME! The day was done around 8:30pm. Then Greg blasted out the door after I made one attempt to get him to help me clean up the kids toys, because my back was killing me from cutting the grass and laying pine straw. He said that he didn't have time, because he was headed to his friend Mark's house to watch "Alien vs Predator". So with the final bit of energy that I had left, I crawled around on the floor and picked up all the toys. Then I watched a little television and went to bed.
I wrote this blog two weeks ago, but I never posted it. I am definitely getting better, at least I wrote something. I am going to try to add some pictures from the Birthday Festivities!
Enjoy, and I will write more later!






2 comments:

Susan and Lee said...

Happy Birthday! We have to get Jake and Collins together. They are only a few months apart. Man, sounds like you do the yard work like I do.

Susan

Amy said...

Hey! I'm so excited that you have a blog, too! I was getting ready to leave this comment when I discovered you had already left me one! Too funny! We must get together soon! Your kids are adorable!!!