Tuesday, August 26, 2008

1st Day of School!

Grace's actual birthday was on Monday the 25th, and it was also her first day of school. She has been so exited for the last few days, that I can't even get a word in edgewise. I have had to scream over her most of the weekend to get her to pay any attention to me. Things like "GOOD MORNING GRACE!!!" "DO YOU WANT SOME BREAKFAST?!!" it was exhausting. Finally it came... Monday! She was so exited that it was very hard to focus all of her energy on getting to school. After what seemed like hours, we finally headed out the door. I even managed to take a couple of pictures.



This was the first present of the day, it was an High School Musical Umbrella. This is how I got her to eat her breakfast, I promised a present. Although it was unfortunate that with all the rain we have been getting the last few days, it stopped raining when we headed to school.



This is Grace's fake smile, and Collins' five seconds and I am out of here smile. Which is the reason I only have a picture of them together with Grace's fake smile. It takes a while to get genuine.


The next few were taken in a matter of 10 seconds. Notice the wave of emotions she was experiencing!



2 seconds later


As crazy as this one is, it is my favorite. I will get it blown up for her High School Graduation and have all of her friends sign it for her to put on her dorm room wall.

2 seconds later


I am sure they have a pill that will help both she and I get through the next few years! : )

All in all she had a great day! We ended it with Build a Bear and pizza and cupcakes at Grandma and Pap Pap's.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture too! She looks like her dad when he was little and experiencing the same emotions.

Anonymous said...

She also looks like her cousin Katie. I get that look A LOT

Susan and Lee said...

I love that face. Very cute. Happy Birthday to Grace!

the Andrews said...

They are both so adorable! Thanks for letting us borrow Greg for an afternoon :) We'll see all you guys soon!

Unknown said...

KRISTiN!!! What's up girl!!!??? Holy cow... I'm just starting to look through your blog! Holy cow! Time flies right?

Cheryl said...

I usually read your blog through feedemon, so I on't see your layout. When did you change it? I like it!!! I almost chose the same design.
I love your idea for keeping that picture!!!! Priceless!

Susan and Lee said...

Love your new background